Friday, June 30, 2006

Lovely day

I took a vacation day today. For no other reason than to have a day all to myself. I love thinking about my coworkers slaving away while I'm playing. (Ha ha! Suckers!) And I'm off Monday and Tuesday. 5-day weekend, baby!

So I've been playing with my bloggy's sidebar a little. A section for upcoming books I'm looking forward to. And all the way at the bottom is "Gimme Gimme!" This is a list of books that I want to own but don't want to buy for myself. (Mama, are you reading this and getting the not-at-all-subtle hint?) I'm not greedy, I'm just making holiday shopping easier for people. :)

But whenever I mess with Blogger's template it's a crapshoot. I know almost nothing about html, so I just kind of punch some stuff in there and preview. It takes many, many tries to get it looking right. So if anything looks funky, let me know.

Now I'm off to finish the new Stephanie Plum. Yay.

3 comments:

~ames~ said...

That "Gimme Gimme" is a good idea. Every holiday/birthday, my parents are in angst over what to get me. HELLO! I love to read, give me a gift cert. I'm going to put a gimme gimme list on the fridge...on the bathroom mirror too. LOL

Kristie (J) said...

Looks good to me. I know nothing about HTML either so whenever I make changes I cross my fingers. I've had to be rescued a few times from my booboos. One thing I did learn from Karen S is to keep a copy of the template - just in case. And I also have a test blog (set up by someone else) also - for practice.
And don't you just love Stephanie? These are the only books that my other two sisters and I all love and agree on.

Jennie said...

Kristie--
That's a good idea about keeping a copy of my template. It can get so frustrating, but it wouldn't be so stressful if I knew I could always put the old template back in!