Monday, June 12, 2006

Home again, home again

Home from vacation. We had the best time. The Little Shack was surprisingly un-shitty. Basic, but comfortable and pretty charming. Look at the awesome sand castle we made!

Soundtracks of the trip:
Pajama Game (with Harry Connick, Jr. Hmmm yummy.) I love musicals. I don't care if that makes me a dork.
Surprise, the new Paul Simon, which I hadn't heard before but is very good.

We saw three movies:
X-Men 3 (Liked it a lot--pretty ballsy with that ending, I think)
The Break-up (Ugh. Usually I love Vince Vaughn because he is a funny, funny man, but this was just 2+ hours of annoying fighting which got old really, really fast)
Prairie Home Companion (very good, if you're a fan of the radio show. Garrison Keillor is the cutest old man alive. I just want to give him a hug. And that voice, that voice!)

I finished three books--Comeback Kiss by Lani Diane Rich, Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer, and Miss Wonderful by Loretta Chase. All of them were okay, but a little disappointing. Which is upsetting, because I thought they'd be for sure keepers. I'll post mini-reviews soon.

No comments: