Rosina Lippi is having a contest to celebrate the paperback release of her book Tied to the Tracks. I can recommend it as I liked it quite a lot. And apparently I can't say no to a contest.
5 reasons the best readers come from the south:
1. The summer's so hot that movement becomes impossible. Reading is good stationary fun.
2. Southerners understand the joys of life at a slower pace. Makes for even more reading time.
3. We're more polite. Good for authors because we're less likely to post nasty reviews on our blogs.
4. We're good at putting off the things we should be doing in favor of reading because "tomorrow is another day."
5. Speaking takes too long. Better read instead.
Heh, any of you Yanks have any? Bring it on! You could win a $100 Amazon gift cert!