Sunday, September 24, 2006

The postman was trying to trick me.

I love it when Amazon ships you books earlier than their on-sale date. I'd pre-ordered Magic Study, the sequel to Poison Study, and was super excited to see that it shipped earlier this week, even though it's not technically on sale until 10/1. Then I was tracking the package online at work on Friday and squeeing a little because it said it had delivered.

And then I got home and it wasn't there. Oh, the disappointment. I got quite snippy with Twin. "But the computer SAYS it's here, it must be here!" And Twin's all, "Well, it's not. Suck it up."

I went downstairs and accosted my landlord. Did you STEAL my Amazon package?? (OK, not really. I was very nice about it, seeing as she has the power evict me. Or maybe not evict me, but at least withhold maintenance and adequate heating.) She didn't have it.

So I went to bed without my new book to read. Next day, I'm waiting for the mailman. He comes and he doesn't leave any package. Now I'm worried. I'm going to have to complain to Amazon and make them resend the books. Do they believe you if you say you never got your package?

In a fit of frenzy, I head back down to the porch. Just to make sure it hadn't magically appeared. And sure enough, there was my little box, hiding behind the deck chairs. Stupid mailman, playing tricks on me! And it had rained overnight and the box was all soggy. I rip it open, thinking "My books, my precious books, they're ruined!!" But that smart Amazon shrinkwraps the books. Thank goodness.

So, anyway, I'm enjoying Magic Study. Finally.

11 comments:

CindyS said...

OMG!! I would have so been fuming but then just having the books in my hot little hands would have been joy soooo, evil Jennie or happy Jennie? Books are dry? Happy Jennie!

CindyS

Marg said...

I still haven't got to Poison Study let alone the sequel!

Rowena said...

I'm glad you finally got your book! Enjoy it sweetie! I still haven't read the first book, but I do plan on it! =)

Dev said...

Glad you finally got the book! Evil mailman.

~ames~ said...

I'm so glad you got your books. But I'm still LMAO!
I hate waiting for packages once you know they're sent. Same works with the library too. Mine says if the books are in transit, so I get super excited and I want them at the library NOW. hehe

Anonymous said...

I'll go ahead and beg for a review now. I loved Poison Study and must dutifully wait for the next to arrive at my library.

nath said...

Waiting for packages are the worst, esp. when it says "delivered" on the net. But I think that's a problem when you live in appartment building. your mailbox is usually not big enough to put package in, so postman leaves it outside... Lucky me, my mailbox is a "together" mailbox for the whole street... so you have slot for each house and they have a bigger slot for packages... so I don't have to go to post office.

but lucky you, getting Magic Study.

nath said...

Waiting for packages are the worst, esp. when it says "delivered" on the net. But I think that's a problem when you live in appartment building. your mailbox is usually not big enough to put package in, so postman leaves it outside... Lucky me, my mailbox is a "together" mailbox for the whole street... so you have slot for each house and they have a bigger slot for packages... so I don't have to go to post office.

but lucky you, getting Magic Study.

Mailyn said...

Good think I never check because I am one of those people that go beserk waiting for books. OMG I hate the waiting. If it wasn't for the fact, yes FACT, that we don't have any used bookstores I wouldn't buy from Amazon. Not books aanyways, I hate waiting!

Glad you got your book. Dying to read the first one :-(

dancechica said...

Lucky you! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Happy reading! :-)

Nicole said...

LMAO! I'm sorry but the whole tone of your post was hystarical. Had me rolling. But good thing your books were dry. I would have had to put the hurt on teh mail man if they were wet!