Sunday, September 17, 2006

News to me

Today I was wandering around the web wasting time instead of working, and I discovered two things today that made me happy, happy.

Kelley Armstrong's next Otherworld book, No Humans Involved, is due out in May and it's going to be about Jaime Vegas, the necromancer. (*whisper* I see dead people.) Yay! I love Jaime! Only bummer is that she's going into hardcover this time. Boo! She has excerpts up. The prologue is creepy!

They've released a trailer for the movie Eragon, which is out Dec 15. It looks really good. Though a bit darker than I imagined the book. John Malkovich is playing Galbatorix. Whooo! He's eeeeee-vil. And the kid who plays Eragon is a total cutie.

5 comments:

Mailyn said...

I love this series and was soooooo excited when they said it would be a movie. They need to do this for all three! Oh and Temeraire is another one I truly hope they make into a movie. Mehehe.

Samantha said...

I'm so fricken excited about Jamies book. Jeremy's one of my favorite characters and it looks like there is going to be a LOT of him in this one. *does a happy dance*

Jennie said...

Mailyn-I know! I hope they do movies for all three books. AND I wish the last book would come out. Can't the boy write any faster?? LOL.

Samantha--Jeremy is great. Usually I am not overly excited about stories about "older" lovers, but I think this one is going to be really good. I love Jaime's crush on him, it's adorable.

Jessica said...

I can't wait for Kelley's new book to come out! I think it was you that turned me on to those books, and then I just torn through them all (pun intended) within a month. I have to admit to an older-guy crush on Jeremy, so I'm happy to see him getting some romanticalosity.

PS--Did the muffin/donut book rating come from the muffin/donut man reference fro Jenny Crusie's FAKING IT?

Jennie said...

YAY! An Armstrong convert. Sweet. I am so glad Jaime and Jeremy are getting a story finally. :)

Yes, the muffin/donut thing did come from Faking It, which is probably my favorite Crusie (which is saying a lot as I love them all.)