Tuesday, September 12, 2006

For Temeraire fans

From Publisher's Lunch today:

Director Peter Jackson has taken an interest in computer programmer-turned-novelist Naomi Novik's TEMERAIRE series and hopes to develop it for both the screen and computer games. Jackson says, "As I was reading these books, I could see them coming to life in my mind's eye. These are beautifully written novels, not only fresh, original and fast-paced, but full of wonderful characters with real heart.... Téméraire is a terrific meld of two genres that I particularly love - fantasy and historical epic."


Novik says, "Jackson has not yet decided whether he will make one movie or three or if the books can be introduced by other media first. He is using his own funds to option material before approaching any studios with his plans."


I haven't read these books yet, but have heard very good things about them. Here is a story in the Guardian.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Novik has a journal on Live Journal and announced this today! Excellent news! I know, just because a book has been optioned doesn't mean it'll make it to the screen (the In Death books have been optioned forever), but I'm still excited to hear that Jackson is interested :)

Jennie said...

Jackson is such a big player in the movie biz, that you'd think something would happen if he's really interested. We can hope anyway.

I didn't know the In Death books had been optioned! I can totally see Eve and Roarke on the big screen.

Kristie (J) said...

I have these ones too TBR. Although I haven't read them, if anyone can do a good job putting them into film, I trust Peter Jackson after what he did with LOTR.

Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

I thought that I had left a comment on your blog but I can't find it so maybe I tried to and it wasn't working that day...Anyway I thought I had asked you if you would check out my blog. I have written 6 books, 2 have been published. You may not like what I write, then again you might. Please take a look.

Thanks,

Patricia

Mailyn said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!

AAACCCKKK!!!! If he makes a movie I will just DIE!!! I LOVE this series!!!!!

OK, so sorry for going crazy but OMG!!!!!!!!

Thanks for this!!!

Jennie said...

Kristie--I loved the LOTR movies. My sis and I like to talk like Golem. My precious. Nasty little hobbitses.

Mailyn--LOL. Glad I was able to brighten your day a little. ;)

Marg said...

I will definitely be lining up to go and see this if it gets made!!