Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Four things and a TRIP!

Four jobs I've had in my life
1. Server/bartender
2. Winn-Dixie checkout girl
3. bookseller (at Books-a-Million, the Kmart of bookstores)
4. archaeologist (I thought it was my calling. Turns out I'm too much of a wimp. Have you ever tried to shovel out a trench in 100 degree heat? When the burning sun has baked the soil into something the consistency of concrete? Yeah, not fun.)

Four movies I would watch over and over (and have):
1. Pride and Prejudice (the A&E version and the new one)
2. The Philadelphia Story
3. Lilo and Stitch (yes, I like kids movies)
4. 10 Things I Hate about You

Four places I have lived:
1. Brooklyn
2. Manhattan
3. Williamsburg
4. Yorktown

Four TV shows I love to watch (that are still running):
1. Bones
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Everwood
4. We have no cable, so I can't think of anything else...

Four places I have been on vacation:
1. Pompeii, Italy (!!!! best place ever!!!)
2. Nova Scotia
3. California (We drove all the way across country after college graduation. That took a long time.)
4. London

Websites I visit daily:
1. weather.com (I'm a compulsive weather checker)
2. The blogs on my sidebar
3. Lots of other blogs
4. NYT

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Flourless chocolate cake
2. Apple tarts (and pretty much anything apple flavored)
3. Chicken salad
4. French bread and brie (when the bread's all crusty and the brie is all squishy. Hmmm)

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. In a sailboat on the Mediterranean
2. Somewhere cold, like, say, the North Pole. Because this heat wave is killing me.
3. Pemberley (Yes, I know it's fictional. I don't care.)
4. Texas visiting with my 3 oldest, dearest friends

And that last one's going to come true tomorrow! Twin and I are headed out of this sweltering city. We're going to Texas for the weekend and yes, it might be even hotter there. But the fearsome foursome will be together again and we are going to have a blast. Check out Twin's blog here for a picture of us on the first trip we ever took together 10 years ago. Ahh, look at our little 16-year-old selves. Thank god I don't have those bangs anymore.

So I'm back on Sunday. In reading news, I've just finished Lord of Scoundrels and can definitely see why it's such a classic. I've got plenty to say on it, but haven't got the time to do it justice tonight (must pack!), so I'll let it simmer while I'm away.

4 comments:

dancechica said...

Oooh! I'd love to go to Pompeii! That must have been awesome. I've been to Italy but never Pompeii.

Lord of Scoundrels is in my TBR pile so glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Have fun in Texas!

Mailyn said...

can't WAIT for you LoS review! wasn't it jus wow??? hehehe

~ames~ said...

Have fun on your trip!!

Jennie said...

Thanks, guys! It was a really good trip. I've never been to Texas before, but I really liked it! Everything's so big. And spacious.