Thursday, August 30, 2007

Meme, meme!

Devon tagged me for this one.

1. Total number of books I own: My collection's not really that big yet. I currently have 427 in my Librarything account--that's all fiction, books I've read and decided were keepers. I counted my TBR (EEK! Damn you, Devon! Cuz I didn't think it was this bad), and that total is 207. Plus I'm guessing around 100 books of nonfiction scattered around. So what's that, 725 or so?

2. Last book I bought: I was going to be very good and wait to get Agnes and the Hit Man from the library. But they're so slow, and it's been getting such good reviews. I was in Target tonight and I couldn't help myself. It was 30% off. I also bought Kidnapped! by Jo Leigh (even though I think that exclamation points in titles should be forbidden--SRSLY).

3. Last book I read: A Wild Pursuit, by Eloisa James. Review to come. :)

4. Five books that mean a lot to me:



Horton Hears a Who, Dr. Seuss - My parents read a lot to me as a kid. I can still remember a lot of those books, but like many, many other children, this is one that certainly made a big impression.

The Great Brain, John D. Fitzgerald - Another one read to me, but I think it's also one of the first chapter books I read multiple times on my own.

Desiree, Annemarie Selinko - IIRC, the first real "grown-up" book I read. Still love to re-read this one.

The Blue Castle, L.M. Montgomery - My ultimate comfort read. Sick, sad, whatever the problem, this is the remedy.

This Rough Magic, Mary Stewart - My favorite book by my favorite author.

I think most people have done this meme by now, but if you haven't, join in the fun! :)

Twin, Dad, and I are off tomorrow to the mountains for some camping. Woo hoo! I might have pictures to share when I get back. To all the Americans - happy long weekend!

7 comments:

Devon said...

Isn't it amazing to see what you've actually got lying around?

You're making me want to re-read some Mary Stewart. This is a good time of year for it.

CindyS said...

Happy long weekend to you! Canadians have Labour day also but since I don't work it just means more people in my way ;)

I was tagged to do this one by Kristie but I'm afraid to count my books. I'm working up to it.

CindyS

Kate Diamond said...

Hurray! I absolutely LOVE Blue Castle. Best. Opening. Sentence. of. All. Time.

nath said...

It's amazing how many books we each have right? Seriously, if we were all living closer together, we should open our own library :P

I'll look into the 5 books that mean a lot to you :D don't you think that was a tough question?

ReneeW said...

OMG, I thought I was the only one who loved This Rough Magic! That and Moonspinners are tied as favorites by Mary Stewart. Don't you love LibraryThing.

Jennie said...

Devon--Do it! Mary Stewart is one author who gets even better on re-read (imo). :)

Cindy--I'm glad you Canadians get the holiday too. Though I hope they didn't get in your way too much. LOL. I will be interested to hear how many books you have. ;)

Kate--Woo hoo! "If it had not rained on a certain May morning, Valancy Stirling's life would have been completely different." I don't think I have that exactly right, but it's close. I have to go look it up now!

Nath--It is a tough question. I couldn't think of anything at first, and then I thought of too many! And it's hard to explain why they mean a lot to you.

Renee--YAY!! Those are two of her best, I think. Twin's favorite is Nine Coaches Waiting.

Calvin F said...

Hi great readding your blog