Thursday, August 23, 2007

Yippee!

I am happy because:

1. I got a job! A full-time library job that I'm very excited about. Yay me. It's in the cataloging department of the UNC library (which is enormous, by the way).
Interviewer: "So what do you think your biggest challenge would be in this job?"
Me: "Um, well, I don't really know how to catalog."
Interviewer: "That's okay. We can teach you that."
Oh, good. :)

2. Twin made me an adorable dress. I even let her put pictures of me on her blog.

3. I bought a ton of books today. Someone needs to restrain me. Take away my plastic. Every time I finish a book, I pull out about 10 others from the TBR that I really want to read and hem and haw about what to start next. So do I need more books? Definitely not. But I cannot help myself. Here is today's haul:
The Bride, Garwood (OMG, what possessed me? I haven't read Garwood in years.)
Charity Girl and Powder and Patch, Heyer
Duchess in Love and Pleasure for Pleasure, Eloisa James (she may be a new favorite author)
The Gilded Web, Balogh
Haunted, Kelley Armstrong
Your Mouth Drives Me Crazy, HelenKay Dimon (not sure about this one, but it's set in Hawaii!)
Leopard Prince and Serpent Prince, Hoyt (Yes, both of them. Even though I didn't understand all the hoopla about Raven Prince. I couldn't help myself.)

I deserved a treat, right? :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the job! And the lovely dress!

On the book buying: I stand in front of my TBR shelves (~350 books) and say, "I have nothing to read." Then I go to the bookstore. I have no self control when it comes to books.

Vaedri said...

Congratulations on the new job!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! I've been trying to get a full time library job since I got my MLS in December. I'm getting seriously frustrated but I know my day will come...(at least that's what I keep telling myself!):)

Andrea said...

Hurray for the new job!

I bought The Bride a while ago but it's buried in my TBR pile still - let us know how it is!

ReneeW said...

Congratulations on the job! Very cute dress. Makes me want to warm up my sewing machine. Haven't sewed in about 10 years (except occasional mending). Just saw a great review of The Serpent Prince and now I must have it too. Good luck learning cataloging. Yes, you deserve a treat.

meljean brook said...

Congratulations!

I'm DYING for the Serpent Prince, gah! I liked the other two, but this is the one I've been waiting for. It's the red-heeled shoes. Gotta love that.

nath said...

Congratulations for the job!!!! I should have studied to become a librarian! and you totally deserves the ton of books you bought! :D and the dress looks great!

Wendy said...

Hey! A library job! They're right - they can teach you cataloging. A lot of it is done via the wonderful world of computers (you'll probably come to know OCLC quite intimately).

Also, it's an excellent way to get your foot in the library world (and wow - UNC!). Lots of options out there (no, really - there are!)

Megan Frampton said...

Yay! Congratulations on the job, and the liking NC and all that--and the dress is way cute. I wish I had a twin who could sew (not that I even have a twin...). I really liked Raven Prince, I think Hoyt's got a fresh, zesty, but still believably historical voice. Hard to do, I think.

CindyS said...

Woohoo on the job front!! And that dress is just fab, you look great in it!

I'm in a reading slump and still buying books. Apparently I foresee some sort of disaster that will keep me from buying books in the future and thus, I must buy all I can NOW!!

The Bride is one of my Fav. books by Garwood so it's a good buy.

And yeah you deserve a treat!

CindyS

Rosario said...

Excellent news, Jennie! Congratulations on the new job! That will let you get a taste of what working at a library is like.

And the dress... beautiful!

Kristie (J) said...

Congrats from me too on the job!!! And in the area you were looking for. Way to go.
It must be sooooo nice to have someone so close that can custom make clothes for you. That is a real bonus to having a crafty twin isn't it? That dress is really cute.
And I'm jealous that you got The Serpent Prince. Although thankfully it comes out real soon.

Jennie said...

Thanks everyone!!

Devon said...

Congrats on the job! I don't do much cataloging myself, but I find it interesting, almost like solving a puzzle. Although, as Wendy pointed out, you've got nifty technology to make life much easier as well.