Sunday, January 21, 2007

Title: Ceremony in Death
Author: J.D. Robb
Published: 1997, Berkley
Category: Romantic Suspense
Rating: 6/10

In Death #5: The one with the kinky witches.

What's going on: A retired cop dies, apparently from a heart attack. But Eve gets suspicious when the cop's granddaughter confesses to being involved in a satanic cult. When the granddaughter dies under suspicious circumstances too, Eve is convinced that something's going on.

What's yay: We get to see the way that Eve is letting herself depend on Roarke more and more. For a character that started out completely isolated and independent, this is a big deal. We also see more development of Eve and Feeney's relationship.

What's blah: A bit too much violence in this one for me. You all should know that I'm a complete wimp about violence. I can't watch horror movies or any TV with graphic violence. It just makes me sick to my stomach. So while the violence in this one would probably not bother most people, it was off-putting to me.

4 comments:

nath said...

Hey Jennie :D

What I like the most in this book is Jamie :P It's just cool to see Eve interact with non-adults :P I also liked the development in relation btw Eve and Feeney and how Roarke involved himself.

Kristie (J) said...

I'm pretty sqeamish to so if one of these is more violent than some of the others, I have a tendancy to skim over the descriptions of the case and focus more on Eve and her interaction with Roarke and all the rest. I just love these books and you sure are moving through them pretty fast *g*. You'll soon be caught up!

Jennie said...

Nath--You're right, we haven't really seen Eve deal with any kids yet, have we? I liked Jamie too. Does he show up in later books?

Kristie--I have trouble skimming. I always think I'm going to miss something important. LOL. I am moving through them pretty fast, but there are alot! She's on 20-something by now, I think. I'll be enjoying these for a while. :)

Kristie (J) said...

Not meaning to horn in on Nath - but yes, Jamie does show up again in a later book.