Monday, October 06, 2008

Beautiful reissues!

I haven't been doing much book shopping lately, but I did run across these reissues on Amazon that made me squee heartily. I love it when publishers bring back old favorites and put pretty new covers on them. Even better is when they have popular current authors write forewords to them.

Celia Garth by Gwen Bristow -- Long-time favorite of mine. Set during the British occupation of Charleston in the Revolutionary War, Celia Garth is a seamstress who starts collecting information about the British to pass on to the patriots. Look at that pretty cover! And the introduction was written by Sara Donati, who writes the Into the Wilderness series (which I love--very impatient for the next book to come out).







Thornyhold by Mary Stewart -- So most of you probably know about my obsession with Mary Stewart. Thornyhold is one of her sweeter, quieter books, so it's not as thrilling as her earlier works, but it's still one of my favorites (and it's been out of print for a while now). Gilly Ramsey inherits her cousin's house, and with the house seems to come her mysterious cousin's reputation as a white witch. The foreword was written by Meg Cabot of Princess Diaries fame.






Devil's Cub by Georgette Heyer -- This one has been out of print for a long, long time, which I do not understand because I think it's one of Heyer's best. I don't know why HQN didn't reissue this book a few years ago when they put out all those mass-market editions. But now there's this pretty trade paperback available. The original rake hero and feisty heroine try to outsmart each other from London to Paris.

Wanty! Wanty!

5 comments:

nath said...

All very nice covers :) I'm just not sure I'd like them though :(

nath said...

Hi Jennie :) I just gave you the I love your blog award :P Check my blog for the details :P

Kate Diamond said...

My Mary Stewart obsession is "Touch Not The Cat."

Note to self: stop blogging and go reread it again! (Yes, obsessively)

Samantha said...

lol I saw the new Thornyhold cover and was extremely extremely tempted to buy it for the pure shineyness of it.

Jace said...

Welcome back, Jennie. :-) Missed you around these parts.