Monday, July 23, 2007

Ooh, shiny! Zippy! Sparky!

I'm still in the process of getting situated here, so I haven't had much time to blog. And then we had the Harry Potter madness, which I'm still recovering from. (I'm trying to figure out how to do a review without giving any many spoilers.) But Twin and I did manage to buy a car! We both sold our cars back when we moved to NYC, so since the move we've been driving my dad's VW bus, which is great for camping but also has several little quirks. Like stalling whenever it idles, making town driving really . . . fun.


It's a Honda Fit. Isn't it cute? We think her name will be Sparky. We'll see if it sticks anyway. :)

10 comments:

CindyS said...

That is button cute! and I think Sparky works but then you need to drive it for a while to see if it's up to it's name. 'Piece of shit' is the name of most my cars ;)

CindyS

Anonymous said...

My car is called the Figgymobile. Why? Does it look like a fig? Same color? No. My mom called it so when she saw my license plate (not a vanity tag, just letters and numbers randomly assigned by the MVA) and the name stuck. Sparky sounds much cooler :)

ReneeW said...

Oh, how cute! We had a little dog named Sparky at one time and he was cute as a button too. I love blue. I have wanted a blue car forever but hubby no like so ... no blue car.

Mailyn said...

Oh love Sparky! Or Sparkly would have been just as cute. Then you'd have an excuse for glitter. What? You've never seen glitter on a car before???? :-P

I know about HP reviews. It's impossible to write one without giving anything away. So, I'm just waiting till the rest of the world catches up. LOL.

C2 said...

So cute! :-D Congrats on the new wheels (WHEEEEEEEls, even).

nath said...

the car is great :D and the name fits :D me... I'm still debating whether to call my car Regibald or Registered LOL :P not very nice name, but at least, it'll help me remembering the license plate: RGD.

Lucy said...

Hey...found your blog on another while searching for book review blogs. Very enjoyable...I'll be back. Just started one myself...please come visit! Congrats on the move!

~ames~ said...

very cute jennie! i haven't named my new car yet. :(

Mailyn said...

OK Sparky, where are ya??? Done with Potter yet??? Inquiring minds want to know. :-P

Kristie (J) said...

Oh she is purty! I only named one car. It was oh so many years ago and it was my dad's Valiant. I named it Norman. I loved that car because it would never start for him, but for me, Norman purred like a kitten.