Thanks to everyone who entered my meet cute contest! The big winner is:
She correctly identified 5 of the titles. Brava!
And the consolation prize (randomly drawn from everyone who entered) goes to:
Yay! I believe you are both print books people, so an Amazon gift certificate will arrive in your inboxes sometime tomorrow.
And here are the answers:
1. This Rough Magic by Mary Stewart. Lucy Waring thinks Max Gale is trying to shoot the dolphin she's been befriending.
2. Devil's Cub by Georgette Heyer. Dominic thinks he's stealing away to France with Sophie Challoner, only to discover that Sophie's sister Mary has taken her place.
3. Strong Poison by Dorothy L. Sayers. Lord Peter Wimsey is determined to prove that Harriet didn't murder her lover.
4. Mr. Impossible by Loretta Chase. Daphne Pembroke gets Rupert Carsington out of an Egyptian prison to help her find her kidnapped brother.
5. Faking It by Jennifer Crusie. Tilda and Davy meet in the closet of the house from which they are both trying to steal something.
6. High Noon by Nora Roberts. The only one that nobody got right! And I thought it was an easier one. Phoebe and Duncan meet as she's trying to talk down a suicide jumper who no longer wants to live because Duncan just fired him.
7. Mrs. Drew Plays Her Hand by Carla Kelly. Fletcher thinks the tenant of his house is an old widow with two grown daughters, when in fact it is the young and beautiful Roxanna.
8. The Ordinary Princess by M.M. Kaye. I really didn't think anyone would recognize this one because it's actually a children's book. But Kerry got it! Nice. The Ordinary Princess is given many gifts by fairies at her christening, but then the last one is that she will be ordinary. She runs away from home and has lots of adventures--including making friends with Mr. Pemberthy the squirrel and meeting Perry, the man-of-all-work. The sweetest book ever, with really gorgeous illustrations.
All such great books. :)
Congrats to the winners and thanks again to everyone!